Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

rebis said:

Thursday Night Football is a bad idea.
    Pro football needs to keep to Sunday and Monday and leave the other days for HS & College football.

I think that the TV Networks would be damn happy if there were football every night of the week. It's the last thing that gets massive ratings, and pulls a young, male audience.
    This brings a question to mind. Does anyone watch Ninja Warrior or America Ninja Warrior. I appreciate the strength of the contestants, but I would rather watch a documentary on the making of cheese.
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm... Cheeeeese.

Sorry, what was the question?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    rebis said:

rebis said:

Thursday Night Football is a bad idea.
    Pro football needs to keep to Sunday and Monday and leave the other days for HS & College football.

I think that the TV Networks would be damn happy if there were football every night of the week. It's the last thing that gets massive ratings, and pulls a young, male audience.
    This brings a question to mind. Does anyone watch Ninja Warrior or America Ninja Warrior. I appreciate the strength of the contestants, but I would rather watch a documentary on the making of cheese.
    There needs to be an element of danger. Spinning saw blades coming up from the floor, huge spiked logs swinging down from above, poisoned darts shooting from the walls..stuff like that.

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,621
    I was looking at getting a used copy of the ManThing Omnibus (with Howard the Duck returning to print I thought it might be cool). Then I stopped because I have both volumes of Essential ManThing.

Self Control
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    BTW mwhitt80 - congrats on them Dirty Birds doing what usually happens in reverse when you meet up with my Saints (win by 3 on a kick). :) Be nice to see Matty Ice and co. go somewhere this year (if the Saints can't, of course! :) )
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I wasn't going to bring up the Falcons. As they replayed the 7 dropped tds from the last few years. I realized it was a lot like reading about the Barves playoff losses during the Baseball HOF this year. I remembered them all.

On a brighter note one of the Hawks owners is going to be making bank. I just hope The Spirit Group doesn't sell a majority ownership to Seattle... I'm not sure where that would fall on my this sucks list, but I promise it would be in the top 3.

I'm one of about 14 Hawks fans and it might break me (more than any botched draft, hope dashing playoff loss, or historically bad season). I'm not sure what I would do with my Abdul-Rahim/Terry/Ratliff jerseys, and I would probably quit the NBA.
  • Options
    Ravens just cut Ray Rice.
  • Options
    @mwhitt80‌ ... did you watch Hard Knocks this year?
  • Options
    I did not.

I don't have HBO and gave up piracy many moons ago. I did however read lots of recaps.
  • Options
    Entertaining as always. Hard to come away not liking Matt Ryan.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    When Todd McFarlane was asked why he hasn't rebooted or restarted for a new #1:
    ...part of it is it's easy to do it, and really, Jonah, there's no historical data that says -- actually, quite the contrary -- if you do it that you actually then will get better sales and you'll keep going. What usually has been out there -- as a matter of fact, I could show you hundreds that say the opposite -- that you get your bounce and then you actually come down to a little bit -- eventually, in 5, 8, 10 issues -- below where you were before you started renumbering it, and it seems like a shame that you threw all those numbers away.
    comicbookresources.com

I agree with him and I just realized that as it turns out the comic company that actually has books numbered in the 200's is Image (Savage Dragon, Spawn) and that sort of floors me.

• Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    edited September 2014
    Torchsong said:

Last night we had a double-feature: The Return of the Archons (never saw it) and Space Seed (never get tired of seeing it). Loved Archons as well, just for the sheer creepiness factor.

The Return of the Archons was a good episode, it was the inspiration of the movie The Purge ;)
  • Options
    I don't look at facebook for 4 days and wake up to 3 emails from facebook saying I have all these notifications (I disabled getting emails from facebook back when you had to be a college student to get an account, so 10 years ago). This happens about once a month. These are legimate facebook emails, but I'm not stupid enough to click on the links just in case they are scammers.

What have I learned? Facebook wants me to login everyday, and I don't care enough about what other people are doing to login.
  • Options
    My stuff from the Fantagraphics kickstarter is shipping. I'm excited.
  • Options
    My wife and I watched "The Lone Ranger" last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. At 2 hours and 35 minutes though, I think I would have preferred if they shaved about an hour off.
  • Options

My wife and I watched "The Lone Ranger" last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. At 2 hours and 35 minutes though, I think I would have preferred if they shaved about an hour off.

I thought it would have been a perfectly acceptable movie, if they hadn't called it Lone Ranger. To many expectations with that name.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Dammit.

I might have just been sold on Justice League 3000.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Some days I really miss the old Whining thread.

Waaaaaaa!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Started cleaning out the basement and garage. Come across a lot of stuff, anybody play this?

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    WetRats said:

Dammit.

I'm mostly current on the book. It's fairly decent. I'd still prefer a quality Legion book but I'm ok with seeing what they can do in an alternate 31st century.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited September 2014
    WetRats said:

Dammit.

The New52 has finally gotten to WetRats! Is there any hope for the rest of us?
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

WetRats said:

Dammit.

Jim Lee: "We knew it would only be a matter of time before we broke him."

Geoff Johns: "And now for the killing blow...the return of Arion, Lord of Atlantis, except this time he's a streetwise rapper who wields magic via his magic Beat Box."

Jim Lee: "Damn, Geoff, that's a killing blow!"

Geoff Johns: "Oh no, Jim...the killing blow is when we bring Atari Force back...but Pakrat looks like a raccoon and Babe is a giant...wait just a goddamn minute...Dart was essentially Gamora...son of a bitch! *WE* wrote Guardians of the Galaxy for those motherf*ckers at Marvel back in the g*dd*mn 80s!"

• Options

WetRats said:

Dammit.

Did you read the article?

It's not the New 52.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Dammit.

Oh, man... but... JL3K is terrible... but... I love Booster and Beetle... and written by Giffen and DeMatteis...

Do you think there is a chance that they will get rid of all of the other terrible characters in the book and just have the Booster and Beetle buddy-cop book I've always wanted? Because I'd buy that without thinking. I'd buy two copies of that, happily, every month, and give one away to people that looked sad, so that it could make them as happy as I would be.

How many "buys" do I give this creative team? I keep wanting something as amazing as the JLI books, and I keep getting kicked in the teeth, harder and harder, with each subsequent project. Do I let them break my heart again.

Giffen and DeMatteis... I wish I knew how to quit you.

I'm going to buy this book. I stopped reading after five issues, and now I have to buy it again.

*sigh*
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Dammit.

It's not the New 52.
    Yes, I read the article in which Giffen made this as convoluted as he possibly could. It is not N52, it is not really the pre new 52, it is just his version of the characters that he is going to force into a universe that we really now do not know what it is. And all this will probably only last as long as he is on the book.
  • Options
    Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

It's probably just me, but the Imaginext and the Marvel stuff for younger kids (don't remember who puts them out. Sorry) just have a better ... feel to them. They have a geeky innocence that the toys for older kids and collectors don't have.
  • Options

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Dammit.

It's not the New 52.
    Yes, I read the article in which Giffen made this as convoluted as he possibly could. It is not N52, it is not really the pre new 52, it is just his version of the characters that he is going to force into a universe that we really now do not know what it is. And all this will probably only last as long as he is on the book.
    Right.

Complete argle-bargle, but it's a crack in the nu52 monolith.

Desperate flailing attempt to save a dying book.

But it's something...
  • Options
    rebis said:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

It's probably just me, but the Imaginext and the Marvel stuff for younger kids (don't remember who puts them out. Sorry) just have a better ... feel to them. They have a geeky innocence that the toys for older kids and collectors don't have.

Last time I looked, the Imaginext Superman still had red pants, too.