Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    In the wake of the latest Avengers 2 press release, I wish to remind folks that I, WetRats, coined the portmanteau JarVison.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,621
    WetRats said:

I think what is meant is that he contracted the virus but didn't become a zzzzzzzombie.

That makes more sense. I'm not usually one to pick apart ridiculously illogical premises in entertainment. Two of my favorite forms are comics and pro wrestling; I rather enjoy ridiculous premises. That one however seemed way too ridiculous.

I don't have cable (therefore morally and intellectually superior to all of you ;) ) but I know there was a zombie baby in episode 1. Grantland offered a fresh take on the dillema with how to raise your zombie baby
  • Options

Eh, I like Harold Perrineau and DJ Qualls. I'll throw one of my family-allocated DVR slots at it and see if it sticks. Formal review to follow ...

DJ Qualls is the man. He's in two of my favorite movies from my Athens years Road Trip and Hustle & Flow.
  • Options
    I usually don't even notice Deadpool stuff.

It's just not in my wheelhouse.*

However, this one cracked me up..

*No. I don't actually have a wheelhouse, dammit.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    mwhitt80 said:

fredzilla said:

Just read my very first full issue written and drawn by Jack Kirby: Kamandi: The Last boy in Earth #1. If I had read that when I was 10 years old I would have been on a much different career path. That was amazing and gorgeous to look at. Now I gotta read the rest of them ($0.99 each on comiXology!).

What career path would you have taken? Post-apocolyptic boy adventurer? I'm from south GA and even the schools here would frown upon the tattered pants-shorts and shirtless combo.
    If you tell me you wanted to be a dog-scientist I'll slap you.

Speaking of Kirby, I've been watching Batman Brave & the Bold again on Netflix. I love the openings, and there are so many Kirby creations used. The OMAC episode is an amazing Kirby lovefest, as is the Mr. Miracle opening for a Last Batman on Earth (a Kamandi episode).
    Yeah, that's weird. I was thinking I would have pursued a career in comics. I can see why he was so impact fil to the creators that came after him.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    rebis said:

Twice...TWICE today my cat brought a mouse into the house. Suffice to say, she's not allowed to run around outside anymore.

Were they dead or was she still playing with them?
    They were still alive; and this was the sixth time she did this in the last month and a half.
  • Options
    Memes, like metaphors, should never be mixed. Unless they're awesome. Like this.

• Options
    Greg said:

After eleven months of being stucks in hospitals, nursing homes and rehab centers, my Dad get's to come home next Monday!

I know it's been a battle, and I'm happy for you man.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Greg said:

After eleven months of being stucks in hospitals, nursing homes and rehab centers, my Dad get's to come home next Monday!

This may indeed "not be worthy" of its own thread, but that is awesome news.

• Options
    Can somebody explain to me what the deal is with all of these "Future's End" titles? I read the original series for awhile, but eventually gave up on it (on account of it being stupid). Are these all one shots? Limited run series? Ongoing series?
  • Options

Can somebody explain to me what the deal is with all of these "Future's End" titles? I read the original series for awhile, but eventually gave up on it (on account of it being stupid). Are these all one shots? Limited run series? Ongoing series?

September is DC's Stunt Month.

Don't try to understand, just buy.

Buy, damn you, BUY!

b-(
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Ain't that a purty 3D cover?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Buy, damn you, BUY!

b-(

• Options
    A truly random item:

I think a great premise for a Flash story would be where he signs an endorsement deal with Nike, only to have his arch-nemesis Captain Boomerang assume control of the company following his successful lawsuit against them for trademark infringement over their "swoosh" logo.

(Marge ... hold all my calls, and get me Geoff Johns on line #1!)
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Last night I started reading Elfquest for the first time.

Holy crap why didn't you people tell me how awesome this comic is?!? :)
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

You got the Complete Elfquest too? I really that first story; I've had the first story forever.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Holding out for this stuff.

Not really. It was vile.

Beautiful, but nasty.

I’ve been holding out for the return of Vanilla Diet Coke – but now even regular Vanilla Coke is gone from the shelves. ☹
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Doesn't everyone know that? Geez, do I have to tell you about Jack Kirby, Jack Cole, MAD, Blazing Combat, Mage, Grendel, Transmetropolitan, America's Best Comics, Joe Maneely, and Bernie Krigstein too?

You kids today with your loud hair, your big pants and listening to the No Doubt....
  • Options

WetRats said:

Not really. It was vile.

Beautiful, but nasty.

I’ve been holding out for the return of Vanilla Diet Coke – but now even regular Vanilla Coke is gone from the shelves. ☹
    I believe it's still a choice at the cool hi-tech Coke machines they have at Five Guys.
  • Options

Doesn't everyone know that? Geez, do I have to tell you about Jack Kirby, Jack Cole, MAD, Blazing Combat, Mage, Grendel, Transmetropolitan, America's Best Comics, Joe Maneely, and Bernie Krigstein too?

You kids today with your loud hair, your big pants and listening to the No Doubt....

You forgot the Pinis you dope.

I wish Darkhorse would do Mage Omnibuses. I completly missed that series along with Grendel. I have since read a huge chunk of Grendel in the Omnibuses (also a great way for me to read Nexus)/
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

WetRats said:

Not really. It was vile.

Beautiful, but nasty.

Vanilla Coke is still around in certain places & stores. It is still sold in Colorado Springs. I bought some yesterday at Walmart and I know it is sold in certain grocery stores here. Diet Vanilla coke is more available here than the regular version.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

Torchsong said:

Kirby...Kirby...he's that guy Stan Lee made famous, right?

/runs for cover
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Jet lag is killing me. I just can't sleep. Instead I've been letting the internet take me where it will...

I've just seen these subscription based 'geek' boxes. Infinity Crate, Geek Crate, Booty Bin etc... Looks like you pay a monthly fee and in return get a box of geeky goodies every month, including tshirts, funko toys, comics etc... Anyone into these??? They any good?
  • Options
    Me when I tried Vanilla Coke:

First, a tentative sip: (surprised) Hey, that’s not bad!
    Second, a more confident swallow: Yeah, I can get behind this!
    Third, a gulp: ... huh ...
    Fourth, another tentative sip: Oooooh... my stomach... I think I’m going to be sick.

And those high-tech Coke dispensers are the devil. My daughter makes a Vanilla Sprite anytime we go to Moe’s. That’s just not right.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I'm not a fan of cream or vanilla in my sodas.
    Although, at this point in my life I should stop drinking them all together.
  • Options
    rebis said:

You and me, both. My problem is I don't like coffee, and sometimes I need the help to stay awake. And all the bottled tea I find has high fructose corn syrup in it and is flavored, and tastes like crap.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited September 2014

rebis said:

You and me, both. My problem is I don't like coffee, and sometimes I need the help to stay awake. And all the bottled tea I find has high fructose corn syrup in it and is flavored, and tastes like crap.
    Do you have this in your area?
    I wish it was available in 12oz cans. The bigs cans end up with something like 180 cal.
    Btw, the Cherry is hard to find, but it's FANTASTIC!
  • Options
    rebis said:

rebis said:

Do you have this in your area?
    I wish it was available in 12oz cans. The bigs cans end up with something like 180 cal.
    Btw, the Cherry is hard to find, but it's FANTASTIC!
    I'm not much on flavored teas, or green tea for that matter, but I'll look for it and give it a shot.