Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The LEGO Thread - Brickheads Unite!

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    @Torchsong: Do you mean the Quinjet?
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Quinjet, yes, but it's big enough to be the Helicarrier. :) Has a cool pop-down area where you can shoot out a drone, a computer bay area for meetings, a back hatch for other stuff. You can perch people on the wings, etc. It's Huge! Maybe not Death Star huge, but pretty damn big.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Quinjet, yes, but it's big enough to be the Helicarrier. :) Has a cool pop-down area where you can shoot out a drone, a computer bay area for meetings, a back hatch for other stuff. You can perch people on the wings, etc. It's Huge! Maybe not Death Star huge, but pretty damn big.
    Rrrrrrr... There go my discretionary funds for April. :-\"
  • Options
    here's the R2-D2 Ultimate Collector's Series official Lego page. it says it's to be released on may 1.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingInstructions/default.aspx
    Here is the official LEGO link for instructions to almost every set lego has ever made.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    here's the R2-D2 Ultimate Collector's Series official Lego page. it says it's to be released on may 1.
    i just purchased it!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited May 2012
    I got the Batmobile/Two-Face Chase set for my birthday. The kiddo is already scheming to get it away from me. I told him we might be able to work something out in terms of sharing. :)
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    Just saw the Avengers Lego sets on IGN. These look awesome! But my dream set still is the Death Star one... And I'm THIS CLOSE to buying it! Saved up enough, but I'll need the wife's permission for it. ;)
  • Options
    new lego game?

• Options
    Downloaded the book for the out-of-production Discovery Channel Store lunar lander set and found a complete parts list elsewhere online, and between all of the bricks we have at home and a few pick-a-brick orders through Lego.com I'm hoping to pull this together by the end of summer. Eat it, $400 aftermarket prices!
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    i just purchased it!
    and now i've finished building it! it's awesome! i highly recommend.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    What are all the Lego fans thoughts on the Kre-O stuff? What I have seen so far looks good. But it looks like they aren't selling. Like I mentioned in another thread the $60 Optimus Prime set was marked down to $7.50 at my local Walmart.
  • Options
    What are all the Lego fans thoughts on the Kre-O stuff? What I have seen so far looks good. But it looks like they aren't selling. Like I mentioned in another thread the $60 Optimus Prime set was marked down to $7.50 at my local Walmart.
    I haven't bought any Kre-O.

After a brief dalliance with Megablox, I have become a purist.

• Options

Understandable,I am becoming interested in the Kre-O stuff mainly cause it is super cheap right now. I picked up last night the Kre-O Starscream set. Want to say it was originally like 30 bucks. Walmart had it marked down to $7.50. It was the last one on the shelf. Might sit down later today and put it together.

• Options

Understandable,I am becoming interested in the Kre-O stuff mainly cause it is super cheap right now. I picked up last night the Kre-O Starscream set. Want to say it was originally like 30 bucks. Walmart had it marked down to $7.50. It was the last one on the shelf. Might sit down later today and put it together.

Give us a review when you have.
  • Options

Give us a review when you have.
    Will do. It might be awhile before I put it together. I have a bad habit of buying something,then letting it sit around unopened for days,sometimes years. I found a DVD the other day that I bought back in 1998 and it was still unopened.

• Options
    The son's birthday party brought a couple of the Monster Hunters sets into the house - the small Swamp Man and Werewolf sets. The Swamp Man minifig is really cool looking, I may pick up one for myself just to have that guy. You also get a cool little swamp boat and a monster hunter with Elvis hair. The little swampy lair for the monster is pretty basic and lame, but on the whole, a decent build for a small set.

The werewolf set is kind of a mixed bag. You're basically building a big tree, which is, well, it's a tree, but you can launch the werewolf over the top of it, so that's actually kinda cool. The werewolf fig himself is awesome, though, much better than the wolfman from the blind packed minifigs a few series back (which was pretty cool, too, but this guy is factors of ten better... it's all about the big wolf head). Then there's a cool 1920s roadster and a Commander McBragg-looking hunter. So like I said, it's a mixed bag... it's a tree, but the stuff that rounds out the set is pretty cool.
  • Options
    Oh, and I don't know how people are doing with the series 7 minifigs, but if you're looking for the Space Marine, his package will probably be the thickest one on the peg (no way to type that one without it sounding all kinds of wrong, is there?), and the armor piece will be pretty easy to feel. Good hunting! And let me know if anyone has any tips for finding the robot in series 6, or the programmer, bagpiper, or daredevil in series 7.
  • Options
    Okay, actually, the programmer is pretty easy to find thanks to the coffee mug accessory, which is how I just found him at Five Below on my lunch break. You can also try feeling for his laptop (which is cool), but that might be a little harder to spot. Cool fig... and if I replace the yellow hands with the peach colored ones, find a camera, and replace his head and hair with Ron Weasley's, I'll have a Jimmy Olsen to go with my DC Super Heroes sets!
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    And let me know if anyone has any tips for finding the robot in series 6, or the programmer, bagpiper, or daredevil in series 7.
    Each minifig has its own code. Series 6: http://blog.betterthantomorrow.com/2011/12/23/minifigures-series-6-dot-codes-and-feel-instructions/ and Series 7: http://www.wisdombeginsinwonder.com/2012/04/11/lego-minifigs-series-7-cheat-sheet/
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    And, yes, the Monster Hunters sets are pretty cool. I was helping out at BrickMagic, a Lego convention, back in May, and the Lego reps had them on display. I especially like the cars.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Lord of the Rings sets yet. I really want the Mines of Moria set.
  • Options
    The wife took the kiddo to the Lego store yesterday (while I had to work. *sniff*), and he picked up a 5-pack of minifigs from past sets. Not even from the Create a Minifig assortments, either, but the actual guys with accessories and everything. It had the elf, gorilla suit guy, mummy, fisherman, and the cyborg space pirate/Blacktron guy. Don't know if they had other sets, too, but worth investigating further if you missed any of those guys.
  • Options
    This is a cool CUUSOO project - the Curiosity rover as designed by an engineer who worked on the real thing. And unlike a lot of CUUSOO submissions, you don't have to hope and pray for support and approval, because there are actually a digital designer download and PDF instruction booklet so you can make it on your own. From the parts list, I think we have most of these kicking around the house already. Sweet.

On a related note, anyone have any recommendations for Lego builder forums to turn to for questions and ideas?
  • Options
    I visit brickset.com, which has a forum but I don't visit that, almost daily.

Last night I ordered set 10230 mini-modulars from Lego after getting an email from them. Amazon price for this set was ridiculous.
  • Options
    For our honeymoon we went to Legoland in Denmark and I bought so many minifigures just to get the bride one, lol
  • Options
    danGPdanGP Posts: 65
    I built the Haunted House set from the Monster Fighters series on Monday and it's really great. Not the cheapest but a really great build.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    danGP said:

I built the Haunted House set from the Monster Fighters series on Monday and it's really great. Not the cheapest but a really great build.

Wife and I did that one as well...not cheap but easily one of the cooler sets they've done. And just in time for our Halloween setup!

• Options
    I saw that one in the most recent catalog and thought it looked outstanding.