Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Kickstarter Thread - What are you backing?

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Webhead said:

I finally decided to back a project

I'm really hope he hits the $17,000 mark and he combines Vol 1 and Vol 2 in one big omnibus.

That one looks fun! Good luck.
  • Options
    Webhead said:

I finally decided to back a project

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1927638179/weapon-brown-the-funny-pages-weaponized

I'm really hope he hits the $17,000 mark and he combines Vol 1 and Vol 2 in one big omnibus.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm backing!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Fantagraphics 2014 Spring Season: 39 Graphic Novels & Books

I've gotten dozens of books by that fine company over many years. To show my LOVE I went for the postcard. :D

I'll be buying many more of their outstanding books.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

Fantagraphics 2014 Spring Season: 39 Graphic Novels & Books

I've gotten dozens of books by that fine company over many years. To show my LOVE I went for the postcard. :D

I'll be buying many more of their outstanding books.

You suck John, and I clicked the link. I just preordered the signed Uncle Scrooge: Son of the Sun by Don Rosa. I hope you are happy. ;)
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    That's it <:-P

Weapon Brown has hit it's stretch goal and we will get one giant omnibus instead of two for the same price...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1927638179/weapon-brown-the-funny-pages-weaponized
  • Options
    Ok I'm pulling away from the comics for a second but staying in the world of art. Every year the Federal Government holds only one juried art contest. It is one of the most important and lucrative art contests an American can win. It was also one of my early introductions in collecting and appreciating art.
    The Million Dollar Duck is a documentary on the Federal Duck Stamp contest. Winning the duck stamp art contest is the biggest accomplishment any wildlife artist can have.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I just backed The Mighty Titan - the story about the cancer-plagued superhero - to get the latest issue and the first two I've missed. It's in its final hours so head on over if you like good art and what I'm told is a great story (I've stayed away because as many of you know I've been fighting the big C for some time now and was kind of wary of something like this...I've heard too many good things not to check it out).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jgmcomics/the-mighty-titan-3

If you like monsters and babes, this book might be worth checking out as well...I'm backing it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777447029/monsters-maidens-and-mayhem

It's not going to be a very big book as far as length (48 pages) but I believe he's only asking $15 for the basic book which isn't bad considering the quality/caliber of artwork going into it.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Been fighting the big C for over 10 years now - of course I'll back The Mighty Titan Thanks @Torchsong for reminding me of that project and good health to you.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited November 2013
    random73 said:

Even if you're not a Steve Taylor fan his pitch video is fantastic!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2128223578/steve-taylor-and-the-perfect-foil-new-album-really

The video is all kinds of fantastic!
    I didn't recognize Peter Furler without the eye liner.
  • Options
    I've backed the latest offering from Steve Mannion.
  • Options
    Bleeding Cool has a very good article on, "Steve Mannion and the Salvation of the Comic Book Industry".
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I recently backed Drawing Beautiful Women: The Frank Cho Method.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I recently backed Drawing Beautiful Women: The Frank Cho Method.

Me too! I'm also in on the final hours of this pretty cool looking book that's only $5 for the physical copy of the book. Artwork looks really nice, and it looks like he put a lot of thought into the world-building of it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1092207659/secrets-of-the-kush-empire-vol-1

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I just backed this:
    Hey, Moe! Hey, Dad!

"Hey Moe! Hey Dad! is the incredible story of Moe Howard and The Three Stooges as told through the eyes of a son. Paul Howard takes us on a One Hundred Year journey through the trials and tribulations of the greatest comedy team of all time and the tumultuous relationship he had with his father. Through wars, economic depression, the evolution of television and digital media, and death, The Three Stooges comedy survived and continues to thrive into the future. An epic Nine Part Mini-Series that features many of the best Three Stooges performances, as well as never seen before private footage and family photographs from the heirs of The Three Stooges. Also featuring many guest appearances from today’s popular celebrities, such as Whoopi Goldberg, Billy West and Pat Cooper. Written and produced by accomplished Producer Frank Basile, this is the complete story of Hollywood’s most famous comedy legends."
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/72RqpItxd8M

Kung Fury

"KUNG FURY is an over-the-top action comedy written and directed by David Sandberg. The movie features: arcade-robots, dinosaurs, nazis, vikings, norse gods, mutants and a super kung fu-cop called Kung Fury, all wrapped up in an 80s style action packed adventure."
  • Options
    Hey guys, I accidentally posted this on the main forum, but I'm reaching out to for backing for my graphic novel on Kickstarter, Ten Thousand Gates.

It's a self-published, detailed black and white sci-fi graphic novel in the making. The culmination of over a decade of writing and design, it`s the first of six forthcoming volumes, and will consist of approximately 300 pages.

Please check it out at
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/393564125/ten-thousand-gates

Thanks!

- Claude
    c-load.com
  • Options
    I just backed The Cape Creator: A Tribute to Bat-Maker Bill Finger

https://kickstarter.com/projects/comicartscouncil/the-cape-creator-a-tribute-to-bat-maker-bill-finge

Anyone that is aware of Bill Finger's story, or loves Batman, or, really, just interested in seeing a little justice should back this.
  • Options
    These guys are going to be on a future CGS episode (er... spoilers?) and appear to have a great product for art people.

Hi-Fi for Color Comics

You probably have a few art instruction books in your collection and I bet you found some more useful than others. Some books talk at great length about art and can be quite interesting. Other books show the author creating amazing illustrations but don’t always give you the information you need to achieve similar results. The most helpful art instruction books don’t merely talk about art, or show you art, they teach you how to create something you could not have achieved before owning the book. Hi-Fi Color for Comics provides you with step-by-step tutorials and artwork teaching you how to color comic book illustrations from start to finish.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

These guys are going to be on a future CGS episode (er... spoilers?) and appear to have a great product for art people.

Hi-Fi for Color Comics

You probably have a few art instruction books in your collection and I bet you found some more useful than others. Some books talk at great length about art and can be quite interesting. Other books show the author creating amazing illustrations but don’t always give you the information you need to achieve similar results. The most helpful art instruction books don’t merely talk about art, or show you art, they teach you how to create something you could not have achieved before owning the book. Hi-Fi Color for Comics provides you with step-by-step tutorials and artwork teaching you how to color comic book illustrations from start to finish.

I'm backing this one. I had the first book, I've watched Brian's videos and we even shared a table at an event one time. He's a solid supporter of the local (Arizona) comics scene and has even pimped my crap a time or two.

If you want to learn the ins and outs of coloring comics...this is the book to show you how its done.
  • Options
    Hey guys! (...and gal(s)? Are there any female forum members? I remember one a looong time ago...). We only have a few days left on this so you can still get in on it. We've been able to unlock a total of four stretch goals and with your help we can get a couple more.

I believe Brian said with all of the stretch goals unlocked, it would actually double the size of the book! so get on it folks! He also created a tier for CGS listeners so you can jump on there or wherever else.

I'm not a colorer, nor do I have grand aspirations to be. But I love comics and love to see the inside of how they are made. Maybe you're like that too. Maybe this could be the gateway to a new career for you as well!
    fredzilla said:

Hi-Fi for Color Comics

• Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    fredzilla said:

Hey guys! (...and gal(s)? Are there any female forum members? I remember one a looong time ago...). We only have a few days left on this so you can still get in on it. We've been able to unlock a total of four stretch goals and with your help we can get a couple more.

I believe Brian said with all of the stretch goals unlocked, it would actually double the size of the book! so get on it folks! He also created a tier for CGS listeners so you can jump on there or wherever else.

I'm not a colorer, nor do I have grand aspirations to be. But I love comics and love to see the inside of how they are made. Maybe you're like that too. Maybe this could be the gateway to a new career for you as well!

fredzilla said:

Hi-Fi for Color Comics

There's only 39 hours left! If you haven't supported this campaign yet then you should really consider it, and spread the word. This will be a great book on digital coloring. And if we're able to reach the final stretch goals it will add even more chapters to the manual to make it an incredibly valuable book on digital coloring.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I've been backing alot of card games over the last few months; here are the 3 that are currently running. It's not comics, but I know there are a lot of gamers that might interested.

Pleasant Dreams: A Card Game of Nightmares - this is a card game where you try to prevent nightmares from waking you up. The card art looks pretty great.
    Dice Hate Me's 54-Card - Rabbits - Dice Hate Me is selling collections of thier top KS card games. GeekDad highly recommended these games, and some of them look really fun.
    Madness- another geekdad recommendation that seems fun. I'm not sure how to describe it; I just hope it turns into Pit without the bell (I love Pit, but my wife hates it).
  • Options
    Sean Dove (studio mates with Mike Norton and Tim Seeley, and frequent guest on the Crankcast) is kickstarting his DecemBond project.
  • Options
    MisterPhilMisterPhil Posts: 27
    edited April 2014
    Hard-working ISR-friend Alex Banchitta is crowd-funding a 4-issue superhero-comedy mini-series 'Champions of Earth' on Indiegogo.

The entire first issue can be read online here.

I thought it worth posting hoping some forum members may be interested.
    (And I know this is a 'Kickstarter' thread, but there are many good projects being launched on Indiegogo, too.)
  • Options

I thought it worth posting hoping some forum members may be interested.
    (And I know this is a 'Kickstarter' thread, but there are many good projects being launched on Indiegogo, too.)

We will let it pass, but only for you Mr. Phil.
  • Options
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106136122/bosco-and-fleet-detectives-of-the-occult-sciences

This one's blatantly for a friend of mine but consider it anyhow. He writes some really funny books and this one looks just weird enough to be one of his best. For your consideration, at any rate...
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Hate I missed the previous one in the series, but this stuff is brilliant!

Calamityware!