Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Sometimes I feel particularly dumb - it didn't occur to me until this week that Tatsu was obviously Katana. Smack me again with that shovel. :-O

That one took me forever as well.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Brandon Routh in the new Atom costume from E! Online

I think it looks pretty cool.

• Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited February 2015

Looks like Ray Palmer is heading to Central City
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

Looks like Ray Palmer is heading to Central City
    He fits better there.
  • Options
    kgforce said:

Good God! It's... Superpro!!

Seriously, he looks like he's supposed to be quarterbacking some team rather than gearing up like the Atom. I really hope this is just a transitional outfit.
  • Options

kgforce said:

Seriously, he looks like he's supposed to be quarterbacking some team rather than gearing up like the Atom. I really hope this is just a transitional outfit.
    At least he won't have to be constantly taking off his mask so we can see him emote.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Great episode tonight.

I like the A.T.O.M. costume but it doesn't really conceal Ray' identity all that well.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    jaydee74 said:

Great episode tonight.

I like the A.T.O.M. costume but it doesn't really conceal Ray' identity all that well.

I liked the episode to but the Felicity Oliver stuff is getting on my nerves. I liked Felicity much more before they started pushing this ship hard.

And finally Lance knows something of the truth that hitting the fan is going to be painful to watch.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

Great episode tonight.

Like Ollie's or Barry's do?
  • Options
    Well, both Ollie and Barry have the voice modulator. Barry's mask does cover a majority of his face so it does conceal it and then for those that could probably see through it, Barry vibrates his face so all they see is a blur. Same thing with Ollie with the mask and the hood. Ray's helmet has a glass piece covering his face but his face is still out there for everyone to see. Although maybe he'll be so small that nobody would be able to see him.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    edited February 2015
    Just for comparison's sake...

• Options
    jaydee74 said:

Well, both Ollie and Barry have the voice modulator. Barry's mask does cover a majority of his face so it does conceal it and then for those that could probably see through it, Barry vibrates his face so all they see is a blur. Same thing with Ollie with the mask and the hood. Ray's helmet has a glass piece covering his face but his face is still out there for everyone to see. Although maybe he'll be so small that nobody would be able to see him.

Both actors are completely recognizable in their masks.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    The Atom suit looks liknda Antman-y to me. Coincidence??

e
    L nny
  • Options
    I think the ATOM suit looks like the new wave uniforms for a Pyramid team on Caprica or one of those twelve systems from Battlestar Galactica.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    edited February 2015
    I guess we should be grateful it doesn't look like this:

...although... this is a bit closer to the comic design...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So there are major rumors going around that John Diggle could end up being John Stewart meaning Digg will be a Green Lantern. Diggle's actor said nothing is confirmed but the discussion is being had.

I think this could either be awesome or blow up in there face because yes it would be cool to have a Green Lantern around but how would he fit in the show? Because someone like GL's character doesn't really fit with the tone of the show.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Mihawk said:

So there are major rumors going around that John Diggle could end up being John Stewart meaning Digg will be a Green Lantern. Diggle's actor said nothing is confirmed but the discussion is being had.

I think this could either be awesome or blow up in there face because yes it would be cool to have a Green Lantern around but how would he fit in the show? Because someone like GL's character doesn't really fit with the tone of the show.

I think that a Green Lantern character could very much fit the tone of the show. Look back at the classic Hard Travelling Heroes arc of Green Lantern/Green Arrow.

• Options
    hauberk said:

Mihawk said:

I think that a Green Lantern character could very much fit the tone of the show. Look back at the classic Hard Travelling Heroes arc of Green Lantern/Green Arrow.

When I think Arrow I think street level heroes and villains when I think GL I think big galactic world stuff.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

hauberk said:

Mihawk said:

When I think Arrow I think street level heroes and villains when I think GL I think big galactic world stuff.
    That doesn't negate the fact that Denny O'Neil and Neil Adams did street level incredibly successfully.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

Mihawk said:

hauberk said:

Mihawk said:

That doesn't negate the fact that Denny O'Neil and Neil Adams did street level incredibly successfully.
    If they can pull it off it would be cool and I hope they can.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    WetRats said:

kgforce said:

At least he won't have to be constantly taking off his mask so we can see him emote.
    I usually notice that in movies. I barely notice it in on these two shows.

Except when Malcolm does it, because he always does so dramatically.... and he has this weird exhilarated face when doing so.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    WetRats said:

kgforce said:

I usually notice that in movies. I barely notice it in on these two shows.

Except when Malcolm does it, because he always does so dramatically.... and he has this weird exhilarated face when doing so.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

jaydee74 said:

Then why don't more people recognize them in their masks? Laurel didn't know who Ollie was until he took off the hood and he showed her his identity. Same thing with Tommy and Thea and Ollie's mom and Quentin Lance. As for Barry, you have Iris who doesn't recognize him. Why is that?
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

WetRats said:

jaydee74 said:

Then why don't more people recognize them in their masks? Laurel didn't know who Ollie was until he took off the hood and he showed her his identity. Same thing with Tommy and Thea and Ollie's mom and Quentin Lance. As for Barry, you have Iris who doesn't recognize him. Why is that?
    Because they're characters on a CW show.
  • Options
    So their identities wouldn't be secret if it was an NBC or ABC show? Maybe a cable channel like AMC or HBO? ;)
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

So their identities wouldn't be secret if it was an NBC or ABC show? Maybe a cable channel like AMC or HBO? ;)

They'd be more believably secret because the characters wouldn't be so freaking clueless.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

WetRats said:

jaydee74 said:

I would submit that WetRats rather tongue-in-cheek response could also be addressed with a combination of the surprise/shock/intimidation that seeing these larger than life, armed to the teeth characters suddenly appear. We go into it knowing what the characters look like in partial costume and we're sitting in our living rooms not having the same experience as the people not making the cognitive leap.

Also, backlighting and the fact that they appear on TV.

However, having Arrow suddenly appear after weeks missing AND then having Ollie show up the same night seems to be a connection that ANYONE should be able to make.

• Options
    hauberk said:

WetRats rather tongue-in-cheek response

Who?

Me?

:D
  • Options
    Well, according to Ollie, he was in jail. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jaydee74 said:

Well, according to Ollie, he was in jail. :D

That might have been believable prior to the island but it's not much of a leap to connecting the arrival of the arrow with Ollie's return and the disappearance and return of both.