Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Daredevil on Netflix S1&S2 (Spoilers- Please label spoilers by episode)

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    popestu said:

popestu said:

Another random point...I choked up when Matty found his father's body; "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" No on screen portrayal of Bruce Wayne's paerts murder ever hit me like that. =((

Matt said:

Caliban said:

Matt said:

Caliban said:

I note that the offices of Alias investigations is directly across the hall from those of Nelson and Murdock

It's Atlas Investments. I watched that scene a couple times to make certain.

M
    Yup, I got that one wrong. Apparently it's an oblique reference to one of the ancestor comic companies that became Marvel
    I'm at least glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was Alias Investigations!

M
    But it would be cooler if it were Alias...
    It would be. Did anyone else get the feeling they moved into a different building & offices at the end of the series?

M
  • Options
    popestu said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

If made, I'd probably just skip it like I do the other 2 Batman shows airing right now.

M

Gotham & Arrow?
    LOL...I know, right
    I've heard Arrow season 2 was very much Born Again & season 3 is basically O'Neill/Adams era Batman.

M
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2015
    Would it be okay to start a separate discussion thread for Ep. 12. What happened there I think would be a great discussion but is majorly spoilery. Thoughts? We could have it amalgamated later? @David_D @SolitaireRose
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    edited April 2015

Would it be okay to start a separate discussion thread for Ep. 11. What happened there I think would be a great discussion but is majorly spoilery. Thoughts? We could have it amalgamated later? @David_D @SolitaireRose

I'm not there, yet, @matchkitJOHN but i feel maybe we should.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    popestu said:

Would it be okay to start a separate discussion thread for Ep. 11. What happened there I think would be a great discussion but is majorly spoilery. Thoughts? We could have it amalgamated later? @David_D @SolitaireRose

I'm not there, yet, @matchkitJOHN but i fell maybe we should.
    Thanks. Actually I meant Ep. 12 :) The Ones We Leave Behind. Keep forgetting there is 13.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Finally finished it. I'm too old to waterboard myself with 13 episodes in a few days so my son and I did two episodes every few days. My two cents:

I loved it. Great actors. Great action, nice pacing. I was genuinely surprised by the deviation when a major supporting character was killed but I feel crying about the way modern depiction alters classic stories is pointless. Marvel Comics should be the foundation for Marvel Studios not the paint by numbers template. If the writing is this strong and production quality this high then let them make alterations to decades old storylines.

D'Onofrio was amazing. Spot on. Fantastic casting. If Spacey can get an Emmy for his Netflix show D'Onofrio's should be in the mail. What could have been scene chewing hamminess was subtle and genuine. Very affecting.

Netflix has set the bar high. They have built a large amount of good will in my bank for the other shows which are not as "shovel ready" as the Daredevil concept was. Bravo!!!
  • Options
    Watched episodes 5 to 13 lastnight (finished at 5am...just in time for the baby to wake up) .
    Over, it was good.
    Something rubbed me wrong about Karen. I'm not sure if it was the casting or the portrayal. I did like that they left her with her secret intact (the best WTF moment of the season) and the beginnings of an alcohol problem and off-hand comments about "hard drugs ". I wonder where her story arc will take her? Put her in a downward spiral for season 2 and season 3's stage will be set.
    Vanessa was a bit to eager to become a crime boss wife. She was he only character I had trouble with.
    The Owl was the best supporting character in the season; better than Ben, even better than Foggy. I loved him!
    Fisk was a very good "year one" portrayal. I sometimes had Tony Soprano flashbacks but I digress. Sometime in jail, thinking about the man he wants to be, and we can expect a "born again" Fisk next time we see him. I hope we don't see him for a season and then have him claw his way back to the top again.
    Stick was well done. They pretty much nailed him. Maybe season 2 will be about his "war" and that "Greek girl" from college Foggy mentioned.
    I am sure I will have more to say as all of you share your insights.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2015
    Even though it was only in doubt because of how Marvel is structuring the Netflix shows, its official: Season 2 2016
  • Options

Even though it was only in doubt because of how Marvel is structuring the Netflix shows, its official: Season 2 2016

New show runners though.
  • Options

New show runners though.
    I'm not too worried. They're still from the Buffy/Angel tree of people started by Whedon. They have a long history with DeKnight & Goddard.

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    That was fast.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited April 2015

New show runners though.
    Yeah, DeKnight was hoping for a second season and talked several times about already having ideas for it. Unfortunately, he wasn't expecting a renewal this soon and had already committed to another project, which will make him unavailable to run the next season.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Now that Raylan is done mopping up the Crowe family in season 5, I was able to watch through episode 3 of Daredevil. Its a good show.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Now that Raylan is done mopping up the Crowe family in season 5, I was able to watch through episode 3 of Daredevil. Its a good show.

Stupid, stupid Crowe creatures.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I'm moving Crowe conversation to the netflix thread, but daredevil is great too.
  • Options

So does this then mean that Daredevil Season 2 will occur/air BEFORE one of the other Netflix original Marvel series? (Defenders at the very least?)
  • Options

So does this then mean that Daredevil Season 2 will occur/air BEFORE one of the other Netflix original Marvel series? (Defenders at the very least?)
    Nope. A.K.A. Jessica Jones is being released late this year.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

M
    But the other two are scheduled for 2016.

Where will DD Season 2 fit?

Will Luke Cage and Iron Fist be pushed back in the production queue?

We need to know now!

Now I tell you!
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

We need to know now!

Now I tell you!
    http://youtu.be/TRTkCHE1sS4

M
  • Options
    I have a feeling only Defenders will be moved back. The other shows don't share the same resources so they could conceivably move forward without much hoopla. However I don't think any of the other shows, regardless of popularity, will get a second season before Defenders. It will be like Phase One of the marvel movies, only DD is the Iron Man.
  • Options
    Finally finished today... I know, I'm sorry. I'm not really a binger.

I liked it. I thought it progressed nicely and it definitely shocked me with a few of its choices (episode 12 I'm looking at you). I was a little disappointed with how it wrapped up, a little too over the top on Fisk's part, I mean how can you ever show your face again after something like that. And a little underwhelming on DD's part. All that build up to putting him in costume and he throws two billy clubs and gets into a fist fight with one guy in an alley? I feel like they undersold the moment. I mean, what's the desk cop doing out on patrol after patrol anyway? He always seemed to be exactly where the story needed him to be.

And I totally think that Madame Gao is from K'un L'un.
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

We need to know now!

Now I tell you!

M
    When this page opened, I thought you posted a video of Small Wonder

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBndhR9GcWM
  • Options
    popestu said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

We need to know now!

Now I tell you!

M
    When this page opened, I thouimageght you posted a video of Small Wonder

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBndhR9GcWM
  • Options
    glandgland Posts: 17
    This show is a weird one, in that I really like it, but can't really think of much specific to say about it other than the generic "it's really good" and "I really like it". Not a complaint, really, just a surprising testament to the fact that they made something so overall good that it just "is".

My brother and I watched it in 2-3 episode daily chunks, and then the very next day my dad wanted to watch it, so we started up the exact same process a second time. Tomorrow, I'll have finished the series twice, back to back, and I'm still not tired of it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I read or heard that the season took 8 months from start to finish. Since each show will probably not have the same team working on them, they could get season 2 done while filming and editing the other shows and fit it in where ever they want.
  • Options
    Enter Phase Two of the Netflix branch:

http://www.vigilantist.com/?p=148

M
  • Options
    I just assumed season 2 would come out after Defenders.
  • Options
    gland said:

I just assumed season 2 would come out after Defenders.

DD season 2 is set for next year. Defenders won't be out until probably 2017.

M
  • Options
    Ah, ok. I didn't realize they had a date for DD2 already. Maybe that'll help give a booster shot to other Netflix Original Marvel stuff that's coming down the line.